Sunday, June 9, 2013

Bit of progress

I was able to meet and exceed my writing goal this last week, with 1,400 total words. That's thanks heavily to a half hour of free time yesterday (Saturday) when I was able to cram in 600 words. I managed to make time for writing Monday through Thursday this week, but since I was mostly filling in and fixing scenes, I only wrote 200-300 words each day.

On the bright side, 26 of the 35 scenes for my WIP are now outlined. There's still a bit more cleanup to do there -- I need to figure out exactly where a few of the key plot points are explained. But for now I'll forge ahead and work on the final 10 scenes. I made a "soft" goal for myself to finish outlining those 10 scenes this month (June). Then I think I want to really dig into the writing in July.

In other good news, if this novel really does get off the ground, I've lined up a web designer and graphic artist to help build my online profile, and a pair of editors to give the book a thorough read. It's comforting to know that I have an end-game in play, assuming I get things done on my end.

Happy writing! We're almost to the end of this ROW!

1 comment:

  1. An outliner! I keep thinking outlining is the key to progress but I'm terrible at it. Any particular methodology?

    Sounds like you're doing well with your goals! Good job!

    ReplyDelete