Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Successful Week!

My goal for my WIP is 1,200 words a week. I know that's not a lot but it's what I would consider reasonable given the current chaos that is my life.

This week I wrote 1,800 words. Of that, about half was adding details to my outline and half was actual scene and dialog writing. Not bad.

Overall I've finished writing detailed outlines for 19 of 35 scenes. Scene 17 got most of the attention this week; it's a fairly significant part of the story. But what I wrote (outline and "real" stuff) needs cleanup. I'll do a little more on it during the coming week, then push ahead.

Total word count for the WIP is 22,000. Again, that's mostly outline. I'm not traditionally a plotter so this massive outline thing is new territory for me. I like it. It makes me feel like my final product is going to be a much stronger piece.

I hope all you ROWers are on track to meet your Round 2 goals! We're almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment