Friday, September 27, 2013

Novel Away! (to the editor)

So much for that...

In my last blog post I said I might be writing from my new website when I posted my next blog. Clearly that's not the case, as here you are at this Blogger blog.

Sigh.

I can't really complain. The dude who is putting together my site is a friend and he's basically working for free. That's the case with my whole team, actually. Graphic designer. Editor. They're all unpaid workers, doing me a solid because they love me and vice versa. So I just have to be patient. I'm sure it will all be worth the wait.

This week's big news is that I passed the novel along to my editor (aka critique partner, who is also my friend and a fellow author, JR Pearse Nelson). She's estimating a two week turn around time. Add her to the list of people I'm not allowed to nag  :o)

In the meantime, I have plenty of things to do. I have editing for JR to work on -- her new novella (Descent, book 4 of 5 in her Children of the Sidhe series), and a short story (part of her new teen vamp serial). When that's done, I also have another editing project from another friend. (More about that later, maybe.)

Plus I have to work on web content for the web guy, and soon I'll be reviewing drafts from the graphic designer.

Oh, and of course I'm still editing my own novel in the background. Nevermind that it's with the editor and I'm supposed to leave it alone. (I don't think that's possible.)

Looking ahead: The fourth round of ROW-80, the writing challenge that knows you have a life, is coming up at the beginning of October (the 7th). If you're a writer or an author, you should check it out. Participating is a great motivational tool, and you'll have a wonderful community of writers to support your work. As an added bonus, I signed up to be one of the sponsors for the next round, so you'll definitely have me to cheer you on!

Happy Friday. Hope everyone has a fab weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment